A brief overview of Rad 140
Rad 140’s generic name is testolone. It’s one of the most popular of the SARM category of drugs. It’s very first formulation was way back in 2010 by Radius Health, a pharmaceutical company.
Most of the clinical trials for this drug indicate that it has the capabilities to increase muscle mass, without affecting vital organs such as the prostate. Although it mimics the functions of steroids, it doesn’t present the severe side effects associated with steroids such as high blood pressure and prostate.
Initial findings suggest that it’s a superior type of SARM, and known for its neuroprotective actions. As such, it can work as an effective therapy for conditions such as Alzheimer’s, and any other neurodegenerative diseases.
How Rad 140 Works
The drug is typically a SARM which works by binding to androgen receptors. These receptors are found in different parts of the body, including the muscles, and bones. The chemistry behind its formulation is that as people age, there is an evident decline in androgens such as testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and androstenedione which the body naturally produces. These androgens have a significant effect on the muscles, the liver, and bone development and function.
Rad140 is a type of SARM that produces similar effects to the natural androgens. The drug then works by targeting those areas which have only androgen receptors, and then improves, or heals these areas. Because of its efficacy, it’s a popular drug of choice for people who want to boost their testosterone levels or build muscle strength.
The drug is also for individuals who want to improve both physical and sexual performance. Before the discovery of SARMs like RAD 140, testosterone and steroids were widely used for bodybuilding, but which were also associated with adverse side effects. Now, Rad 140 can work similarly but comes with minimal side effects. The reason is that it doesn’t interfere with the liver and prostate.
Some of the Potential Uses for Rad 140
Rad 140 can be used as drug therapy under the following circumstances:
1. The Building Of Muscle Mass: According to initial clinical trials done of primates, the drug can quickly increase muscle mass by 10% or more within the first 28 days of administration. Other studies indicate that there are potential for growth of between 6-8 lbs. of very lean and dry muscle mass within the first six months of just two Rad 140 cycles.
2. Neuroprotection: Top on the list of problems that aging men and women face is cognitive degeneration. Sometimes it’s accompanied by memory loss. Rad140’s androgens target tissues in the brain.
It is believed that the androgens protect the brain by increasing brain cell growth, which improves memory and also decreases the accumulation of amyloid beta. According to scientific research, amyloid beta protein is the leading cause of the dreaded Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Endurance: Rad 140 comes with incredible capabilities not only of building muscle strength but also of producing large amounts of energy. This then leads to physical endurance and improved physical performance.
Benefits of Rad 140
- The drug features the following advantages
- The building of lean and strong muscles.
- Increase in energy levels for endurance and better physical performance.
- The more muscle generation, the more fats are lost, leading to weight loss, and optimum health.
Minimum side effects if you compare with steroids.
- Protects the brains cells, and from severe diseases like dementia, and Alzheimer’s.
Side Effects of Rad 140
Rad 140, being in the SARM category, is believed to be safe. However, the fact that it’s also still a new invention means that the magnitude of its side effects can be fully explained. A few of them are as follows:
- Aggression as a result of an increase in levels of testosterone.
- Mood swings and anxiety.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Breast tenderness, and sometimes breast tissue growth in men.
- Women may experience abnormal hair growth.
- Difficulties in sleeping as well as a feeling of lethargy.
Dosage and Cycle
As is typical with most SARMS, it can be difficult establishing the exact dosage of Rad 140. Irrespective of this fact, it’s advisable to start on the lower side of the dosage. For example, men can take 10mg per day, and women 5mg per day. You can then gradually increase depending on your body mass, but also based on your overall goals.
The drug comes with a 36-hour half-life, which then allows you to take as a single dose. Alternatively, you can take as 24-hour divided doses; it all depends on your needs and schedules.
The ideal Rad 140 cycle is 8-12 weeks. The off cycles, on the other hand, can vary, and while some recommend them to last as long as the cycle length, others differ, suggesting that at least a 6- week off-cycle works better.
Other suggestions are that the more you stick to low doses, the more you can go for as long as 12 weeks without experiencing any suppression. While, if you are administering higher does such as 20-30 mg a day it’s recommended that you shorten the cycle to 10 weeks, because it’s at such a time that suppressions can completely overwhelm you.
Depending on your bloodwork, and how severely you are feeling the suppression, you might know whether or not to go into full-fledged PTC (Post cycle therapy). The truth is that most experienced Rad 140 users usually recommend a PCT after each cycle.
Rad 140 remains one of the most popular and effective SARM for muscle growth and strength. The amount of androgen it offers mimics testosterone and helps to address a wide range of medical problems.
The fact that it helps with issues such as neuroprotection goes a long way in preventing much-feared diseases like Alzheimer’s. Other than that, testosterone levels are good for endurance and physical performance. The same can also be associated with stamina and an improvement in libido.
Despite that fact that Rad 140 is so good and effective, it cannot escape some of the side effects. Issues like aggression, mood swings, and nausea are common side effects that most users experience.